Clown & the Body Weekend Workshop
(A physical approach to finding and creating your individual clownesque body via every day phenomena like materials, object and animal work)
Engaging your body in a state of play and action, this 2-day weekend workshop is designed to stretch your awareness of your physical presence and its playful possibilities. We will crack your body open like a beautifool little flower searching for the clown state – from the poetic to the grotesque, bringing the clown’s body to a state of readiness: aware of rhythm, space and breath.
In two days we will explore:
- Introduction to the petit mask the red nose - explore the poetic body as a mask and as one giant muscle of creative expression.
- Discover physical dramatic tensions and how we can endow these to the clown
- Look at the relationship with the public and the pleasure of sharing.
- Explore phenomena like the elements, objects and animals as a basis to creating the clown body
- Lots of laughter.
- Open to all levels.
- Beginner and professional improvisers, stand ups, comedians, circus and theatre performance makers, actors and artists practicing the art of clowning.
- Wear comfortable neutral coloured clothing and soft shoes to move in.
- Bring a bottle of water.
- Arrive with an open mind and heart.